R Systems is looking for a talented C Engineer to craft reliable code for our UK client which is working on a fully virtualized multiservice telephony application server, enabling local access and long-distance tandem switching (class 4 and 5 switches).
As a C Software Engineer in our team, you will work on maintaining and adding new features to well-established telco products used by millions of mobile subscribers around the world. You will be part of a medium-size agile team geographically distributed across several locations, whit a focus on building cloud-native, highly scalable applications that can be deployed and operated in both private and public clouds. Our technology stack and methodologies include, among others: C, Python, Bash/Linux, Gitlab CI/CD, Docker, Git, Jenkins, Free Diameter, Memcached, libxml2, libxslt, and Agile/Kanban.
If you are looking to constantly improve yourself and innovate within a supportive environment, send us your application right away!
- Design, build, and maintain efficient, reusable, and reliable code according to specifications
- Document features based on project specifications
- Collaborate with quality engineers to ensure project deliverables
- Maintain and enhance Python scripts used for CI
- Identify and investigate bugs, and offer solutions to these problems
- Communicate with customers’ Team Leads through various communication channels
- Attend Scrum-specific ceremonies (daily standups, planning sessions, retros…)
- Provide status and feedback to management
- Minimum 2 years of experience in working with C
- The ability to quickly learn and utilize new concepts and find creative solutions to problems
- A self-driven and proactive attitude with the ability to work both independently and in groups
- Good understanding of memory management in non-garbage collected environments
- Good understanding of data structures and algorithms
- Fluency with code versioning tools (such as Git, SVN)
- Experience with Unix/Linux environment
- The ability to learn quickly, utilize new concepts, and find creative solutions to problems
- Good written and spoken communication skills, including a solid English level
- A positive, solution-focused attitude and great analytical and organizational skills
Nice to have:
- Experience with Agile development
- Familiarity with continuous integration systems
- Telecom industry knowledge (e.g. architectures, protocols, applications, etc.)
What's in it for you:
Who we are as a company:
R Systems is a global technology and analytics services company. We help our clients achieve speed-to-market, overcome digital barriers, and create business value with our specialized service offerings and consultative business approach.
We speak the language of business as fluently as we do the language of technology. In other words: We speak Digital. Our goal: accelerate our clients’ digital leadership.