As a DevOps engineer in R Systems, you will be responsible for maintaining and improving the OpenStack cloud infrastructure, ensure that the CI and Test environments are operating correctly, fixing up issues as they arrive and providing general support to the development teams with these systems.
The CI environment is implemented on a private deployment of GitLab Enterprise Edition (EE) hosted on premises. You will be part of a medium-size agile team geographically distributed across several locations, reporting directly to the Project Manager.
Why should you consider joining our team?
Well, we constantly adapt to the modern ways of working. If your professional development is a key focus, you’ll be glad to hear that we are sharp technology adopters. One of our colleagues’ favourite job perks is not getting bored even after 10 years with us. We are a charismatic bunch, so beware! You will experience that “I really want to go to work” feeling! 😊 Want to find out more? Check us out here: https://eu.rsystems.com/
What we do:
R Systems is a software company providing end-to-end development, system integration and technical consultancy services.
From our elite technical centres in Romania, Poland and Moldova we successfully serve industry leading companies worldwide. We use a rare combination of technical expertise and client orientation to deliver service excellence from line of code to customer experience.
We have been turning bytes into business since 1992, when R Systems International was founded in the UK. Since then we have opened offices in Poland, Romania, Moldova, Switzerland, Malaysia, the Philippines, India and the US and have successfully delivered 1,000+ projects to 100+ companies worldwide.
Here’s what you’ll have to do:
- Maintain the general health of the OpenStack clouds – both proactively (through monitoring) and responding to issues raised by developers and testers
- Assist projects on the platform with their CI scripts
- Monitor the overall health of all the projects and identify where optimisations may be required to CI scripts
- Provide improved dashboard capabilities to give the DevOps and project owners greater visibility into the performance of scripts
- First point of contact where projects are doing something inefficiently or struggling to implement the required function
- Share information on the health of the systems, how to use them, best practice etc.
What you’ll need to succeed:
- Minimum 2-year experience with managing Linux based operating systems (e.g. Centos/Redhat, Ubuntu/Debian)
- Very good understanding of networking concepts (e.g. DNS, VPN, Firewall, Routing, routes / routing tables, etc.)
- Good knowledge on Virtualization: VMware/vSphere, QEMU/KVM
- Master at least one of the scripting languages: Bash, Python, Perl
- Familiar with databases (e.g. MySQL, MariaDB, Elasticsearch, InfluxDB, etc.)
- Analytical skills to identify where problems are occurring and net down the nature of the problems
- The ability to quickly learn and utilize new concepts and find creative solutions to problems
- Good time and task management skills to prioritise work items
- A self-driven and proactive attitude with the ability to work both independently and in groups
- Advanced English speaking and writing skills
Nice to have:
- Experience with OpenStack and containerized environments (e.g. Docker, Kubernetes)
- Experience with monitoring solutions like Prometheus, Nagios, Check_MK, Sensu, Icinga2
- Familiar with code versioning tools (e.g. Git, SVN) and CI systems
- Familiar with logs/stats management tools like Grafana, Kibana, fluentd, etc.
What’s in it for you:
- Supportive working climate, a very talented team and the chance to be rewarded for outstanding performance
- Technical trainings and certifications
- Benefits package including: medical insurance, flexible working environment, meal tickets and competitive remuneration, 3 sick days
- Excellent social benefits: office massage, sport events, team buildings, team events, parties, lunch & learns and meetups
- Central location