This is an opportunity for an experienced Scala Software Engineer working as part of a world-class dedicated team based in Romania. We’re joining forces with experts of recognized technology leader in developing award-winning and ultra-high performance, cloud native communications software.
As Java Software Engineer in our team you will work on maintaining and adding new features to well established telco products used by millions of mobile subscribers around the world.
Our technology stack includes among others: Java 8, Docker, GitLab, Spring Boot, OpenStack, OpenAPI v3, Maven and the list may go on.
You will be part of a medium-size agile team geographically distributed across several locations, reporting directly to the Project Manager.
- Read and interpret pre-existing code
- Design, build, and maintain efficient, reusable, and reliable Java code according to specifications
- Identify and investigate bottlenecks and bugs, and devise solutions to these problems
- Document features based on project specifications
- Collaborate with quality engineers to ensure project deliverables
- Communicate with customers’ architects through various communication channels
- Provide support on project features
- Pass on knowledge through trainings, presentations and mentoring sessions to less experienced colleagues
- Provide status and feedback to management
- Minimum 5 – year experience in working with Java
- The ability to quickly learn and utilize new concepts and find creative solutions to problems
- A self-driven and proactive attitude with the ability to work both independently and in groups
- High quality standards for software development
- Good understanding of data structures and algorithms
- Fluency with code versioning tools (such as Git, SVN)
- Experience with Unix/Linux environment
- Advanced English speaking and writing skills
Nice to have:
- Telecom industry knowledge (e.g. architectures, protocols, applications, etc.)
- Experience with Agile development
- Familiarity with continuous integration systems
- Customer-facing interactions
Benefits we offer
Available throughout (even in Covid times):
- Competitive remuneration
- Flexible working schedule
- Medical insurance
- Meal tickets
- 3 sick-days per year (no questions asked)
- 1 additional vacation day for each year in the company
- Extra free time by compensating public holidays that fall on weekends
- (online) team events and games
Looking forward to return to (after the pandemic):
- Central office location
- Massage sessions at the office
- Sport competitions
- Team buildings and parties
- Lunch & learn sessions
Who we are as as company
R Systems specializes in digital transformation services based on the latest technologies in the area of cloud, data analytics, RPA, IA, ML/AI. For almost 30 years in the telecom and technology industry, we have successfully delivered over 1000 complex, high-stake projects to more than 100 operators worldwide, supporting them throughout the 2G to 5G evolution.
As we progress into the digital transformation era, we aim to become the tech partner of choice for global organisations looking to innovate and expand their business through the latest technology.
- 2,700 employees worldwide
- 25 offices in 12 countries in Europe, US, APAC
- 16 delivery hubs, including centers of excellence in Romania, Poland, Moldova
- Partners of Microsoft – cloud computing and cloud application strategic partner; UiPath – RPA/IA Silver partner; Google Cloud; Oracle – Gold Partner; Automation Anywhere and Salesforce – US Gold Partner