About the client
It is one of the world’s largest technology companies. An American multinational and Fortune 100 company, has industry-leading positions in servers, storage, wired and wireless networking, converged systems, software, services and cloud. Has been in the innovation business for more than 75 years – our vast intellectual property portfolio, global research and development capabilities are part of an innovation roadmap designed to help organizations of all sizes – from global enterprises to local start-ups – transition from traditional technology platforms to the IT systems of the future.
About the role
We’re looking for a talented Engineer who has the experience necessary to help maintain our existing infrastructure and troubleshoot problems as they arise. We’re a growing company with a team of highly dedicated IT professionals who give their all to help our enterprise flourish. The ideal candidate for this position can prioritize mission-critical tasks and coordinate the construction and expansion of our systems, so updates and other maintenance tasks don’t get in the way of daily operations. We’re interested in automating as many of our processes as possible to reduce the potential for human error.
- Design and execute automated software deployments
- Troubleshooting & resolving complex technical issues in the customer environment
- Share best practices to reduce problem occurrences
- Present the action plan to the customer and take consent – also, ensure there is no adverse impact of the action plan on the network.
- Replicate customer environment in Lab
- Escalate the issue promptly
- Keep customer informed and set realistic expectations on issue resolution
- Contribute to Knowledge Management
- Communication with the project team and with the client.
- Create/Update the operational documentation, procedures and reports
- Managing the next generation of provisioning software platforms
- Timely responding to customers inquiries – logs cases, provides information & troubleshoots to solve customer problems according to the company’s KPIs for the business
- Manages customer expectations by taking into consideration the entitlement and identifies customer problems
- Keeps customers informed, sets and follows commitments, keeps precise case documentation and case ownership
- Timely elevates and escalates to the next level when the case is complex
- Participates in projects for process or quality improvements
- Manages multiple tasks or cases simultaneously with minimal supervision
- Participates in the On-Call rotation schema
- Active and self-paced improvement of technical and business process knowledge
- Basic knowledge of UNIX/LINUX operating systems, UNIX commands, file systems, storage, file editing, file manipulation, Shell scripting
- Basic knowledge of VMware virtualized environments.
- Networking principles, TCP, IP, LAN, routing, subnets
- Basic knowledge of SQL: basic SQL syntax, conditional filters, joins, subqueries.
- Basic knowledge of using GIT
- Knowledge of: HTTP, REST, SOAP
- Knowledge of Ansible – Writing ansible scripts for performing application deployments and configurations over multiple cluster environments.
- Basic knowledge of Jboss configurations
- Good troubleshooting skills – Both general and application troubleshooting skills
- An open-minded, solution-oriented and pleasant, team-capable personality.
- Very good English skills.
Will be nice to have also
- Previous experience with provisioning/orchestration systems
- Basic knowledge of Oracle databases
- Basic knowledge of automation servers such as Jenkins
- JAVA SE/EE
Who we are as a team
- We have a strong sense of responsibility to our clients and the quality of our work. We are accountable for the projects, we tackle clients’ challenges and we go the extra mile to deliver.
- Clients praise us for flexibility. If something is humanly possible, we do it.
- We are fair, honest and transparent with each other and with our clients.
- We strive for top quality and don’t settle for “standards”.
- We trust each other, work well together and deliver value to clients as a team.
Benefits we offer
Available throughout (even in Covid times):
- Competitive remuneration
- Flexible working schedule
- Medical subscription
- Referral policy
- Training platforms
- 3 sick-days per year (no questions asked)
- 1 additional vacation day for each year in the company
- Extra free time by compensating public holidays that fall on weekends
Looking forward to return to (after the pandemic):
- Central office location
- Sport competitions
- Team buildings and parties
- Lunch & learn sessions
- (online) team events and games
Who we are as as company
R Systems specializes in digital transformation services based on the latest technologies in the area of cloud, data analytics, RPA, IA, ML/AI. For almost 30 years in the telecom and technology industry, we have successfully delivered over 1000 complex, high-stake projects to more than 100 operators worldwide, supporting them throughout the 2G to 5G evolution.
As we progress into the digital transformation era, we aim to become the tech partner of choice for global organisations looking to innovate and expand their business through the latest technology.
- 2,700 employees worldwide
- 25 offices in 12 countries in Europe, US, APAC
- 16 delivery hubs, including centers of excellence in Romania, Poland, Moldova
- Partners of Microsoft – cloud computing and cloud application strategic partner; UiPath – RPA/IA Silver partner; Google Cloud; Oracle – Gold Partner; Automation Anywhere and Salesforce – US Gold Partner