The role of Mediation Engineer opens a world of technology innovation and telecom expertise for skilled engineers looking to expand their tech portfolio and industry know-how.
Mediation platforms are key elements in telecom practice and their role is only increasing to the point where it is simply not possible to manage today’s complex networks without a fit-for-purpose mediation function.
We primarily work in Agile/Scrum methodology using specific technology for global telecom operators, so if you’re driven by dynamic tech and work environments, you have experience with software development and cloud practices, you may be interested to join us.
- Working with industry leading mediation product (MediationZone by DigitalRoute, top provider for the world’s largest CSPs for 20 years)
- A key role in an international Agile team of senior engineers and systems architects
- Career and professional development opportunities (certifications, workshops, training sessions)
- Configure mediation flows to define major data processing steps
- Develop Java-like code in dedicated integrated development environment
- Support test and operations engineers, create technical documentation
- Maintain and enhance automation scripts used for testing and CI, work in Docker environment
- Identify and investigate bugs, support the operations team
- Attend Scrum ceremonies with the customer’s team
- Mature programming skills in Java and C understanding, familiarity with Unix environment, shell scripting, git source control
- Desire to learn new products, protocols, and work with web services
- Working knowledge with Couchbase & Oracle
- Self-starter attitude, problem-solving and analytical thinking needed for troubleshooting
- Good communication skills, fluent English; French or German will be a plus
- Prudence in maintenance work
- Readiness to work in scrum agile environment, based on Jira tasks, according to SAFe methodology
- As a plus: telecom background, experience with rating and billing, and OpenStack
Benefits we offer
Available throughout (even in Covid times):
- Flexible working schedule & telework
- Medical subscription
- Referral Bonus
- Learning platform & up to 5 days or learning /year
Looking forward to return to (after the pandemic):
- Central office location
- Office events
- Team buildings and parties
- Lunch & learn sessions
- (Online) team events and games
Who we are as a team
- We have a strong sense of responsibility to our clients and the quality of our work. We are accountable for the projects, we tackle clients’ challenges and we go the extra mile to deliver.
- Clients praise us for flexibility. If something is humanly possible, we do it.
- We are fair, honest and transparent with each other and with our clients.
- We strive for top quality and don’t settle for “standards”.
- We trust each other, work well together and deliver value to clients as a team.
Who we are as a company
R Systems specializes in digital transformation services based on the latest technologies in the area of cloud, data analytics, RPA, IA, ML/AI. For almost 30 years in the telecom and technology industry, we have successfully delivered over 1000 complex, high-stake projects to more than 100 operators worldwide, supporting them throughout the 2G to 5G evolution.
As we progress into the digital transformation era, we aim to become the tech partner of choice for global organizations looking to innovate and expand their business through the latest technology.
- 2,700 employees worldwide
- 25 offices in 12 countries in Europe, US, APAC
- 16 delivery hubs, including centers of excellence in Romania, Poland, Moldova
- Partners of Microsoft – cloud computing and cloud application strategic partner; UiPath– RPA/IA Silver partner; Google Cloud; Oracle – Gold Partner; Automation Anywhere and Salesforce – US Gold Partner