As QA Engineer in R Systems you will work side by side with the development team to ensure the quality and correctness of the features according to business acceptance criteria, delivering successful telco products used by millions of mobile subscribers around the world. You will be part of a medium-size agile team geographically distributed across several locations, reporting directly to Project Manager.
- Write test strategies, test plans from business requirements
- Operate with Linux VMs, interact with other components/systems using various protocols
- Deploy, configure and upgrade test environments
- Perform system tests, regression tests, performance tests and acceptance tests according to the schedule
- Review the Functional Specification documents and require more details if needed
- Write Performance Test Specification and run performance tests if required
- Use the bugs handling tool to record discovered product bugs and provide clear evidences on the reported issue
- Produce the Test Report at the end of Testing Activity
- Work according to agreed project plans
- Collaborate with software development engineers to ensure project deliverables
- Minimum 3 years experience as QA engineer
- Minimum 2 years experience with manual testing
- Experience with Unix/Linux environment and scripting (bash or python)
- Working experience in networking
- Experience in exploratory testing, analytical skills to identify where problems are occurring and net down the nature of the problem
- The ability to quickly learn and utilize new concepts and find creative solutions to problems
- Communication skills to discuss issues with other testers and developers and to write up clear problem reports, the ability to present test reports and/or issues found in a professional manner
- Positive, ‘can-do’ attitude and ability to work with people on different teams and cultures
- Advanced English speaking and writing skills
Nice to have:
- Telecom industry knowledge (e.g. architectures, protocols, applications, etc.)
- Experience with Agile development
- Good understanding of SDLC
- Familiarity with continuous integration systems
- Design and maintain automatic validation suites
Benefits we offer
Available throughout (even in Covid times):
- Competitive remuneration
- Flexible working schedule
- Medical subscription
- Meal tickets
- Referral policy
- Training platforms
- 3 sick-days per year (no questions asked)
- 1 additional vacation day for each year in the company
- Extra free time by compensating public holidays that fall on weekends
Looking forward to return to (after the pandemic):
- Central office location
- Sport competitions
- Team buildings and parties
- Lunch & learn sessions
- (online) team events and games
What we do:
R Systems is a software company providing end-to-end development, system integration and technical consultancy services. From our elite technical centers in Romania, Poland and Moldova we successfully serve industry leading companies worldwide. We use an effective combination of technical expertise and client orientation to deliver service excellence from line of code to customer experience.
We have been turning bytes into business since 1992, when R Systems International was founded in the UK. Since then we have opened offices in Poland, Romania, Moldova, Switzerland, Malaysia, the Philippines, India and the US and have successfully delivered 1,000+ projects to 100+ companies worldwide.
Who we are as a team
- We have a strong sense of responsibility to our clients and the quality of our work. We are accountable for the projects, we tackle clients’ challenges and we go the extra mile to deliver.
- Clients praise us for flexibility. If something is humanly possible, we do it.
- We are fair, honest and transparent with each other and with our clients.
- We strive for top quality and don’t settle for “standards”.
- We trust each other, work well together and deliver value to clients as a team.