About the project
Building a robust custom platform that enables customers to fully plan their final chapter. This includes an online purchasing experience, customer-facing end of life planning tools, a forest management system, as well as a variety of internal tools that power our sales and operations teams.
It takes best practices from consumer and enterprise and applies them to an industry that has traditionally been underserved by technology. Each new feature you ship will deliver on our promise to provide customers the peace of mind that their story will be beautifully preserved.
- Help significantly expand our national footprint over the next year.
- Make critical decisions that will set up the long-term infrastructure and tooling to manage this growth.
- Create industry-first, innovative end-of-life digital products so our customers can write a better ending to their story.
- Technology is a core competency for us – you will help us take it to the next level.
- Be responsible for end-to-end ownership of everything you build – working directly with product managers, designers, and stakeholders.
- Think critically about which problems to solve and how to set ourselves up for long-term success.
- Have a direct impact on the end-user experience
- Ability to make architecture decisions that are thoughtful – your assumptions are always well tested.
- Your opinions are more than quotes from blog posts and are backed by real-world trial and error
- An understanding of your audience when writing code, knowing that it will be written once and read 20 times.
- 2+ years of experience developing web applications in Ruby on Rails.
- 5+ years of experience in full stack web development using object-oriented languages/ frameworks like Ruby on Rails, Django / Flask,
- 1 + year/s of experience working with React.
- Comfort working across our technical stack.
- Strong working knowledge of relational databases.
Technologies Stack: Ruby on Rails, React, Postgres, Heroku, AWS (S3, Cloudflare, Redshift), RSpec
Benefits we offer
Available throughout (even in Covid times):
- Competitive remuneration
- Flexible working schedule
- Medical subscription
- Referral policy
- Training platforms
- 3 sick-days per year (no questions asked)
- 1 additional vacation day for each year in the company
- Extra free time by compensating public holidays that fall on weekends
Looking forward to return to (after the pandemic):
- Central office location
- Sport competitions
- Team buildings and parties
- Lunch & learn sessions
- (online) team events and games
Who we are as a team
- We have a strong sense of responsibility to our clients and the quality of our work. We are accountable for the projects, we tackle clients’ challenges and we go the extra mile to deliver.
- Clients praise us for flexibility. If something is humanly possible, we do it.
- We are fair, honest and transparent with each other and with our clients.
- We strive for top quality and don’t settle for “standards”.
- We trust each other, work well together and deliver value to clients as a team.
Who we are as as company
R Systems specializes in digital transformation services based on the latest technologies in the area of cloud, data analytics, RPA, IA, ML/AI. For almost 30 years in the telecom and technology industry, we have successfully delivered over 1000 complex, high-stake projects to more than 100 operators worldwide, supporting them throughout the 2G to 5G evolution.
As we progress into the digital transformation era, we aim to become the tech partner of choice for global organisations looking to innovate and expand their business through the latest technology.
- 2,700 employees worldwide
- 25 offices in 12 countries in Europe, US, APAC
- 16 delivery hubs, including centers of excellence in Romania, Poland, Moldova
- Partners of Microsoft– cloud computing and cloud application strategic partner; UiPath – RPA/IA Silver partner; Google Cloud; Oracle – Gold Partner; Automation Anywhere and Salesforce – US Gold Partner