R Systems is looking for an experienced Scala Software Engineer eager to join a world-class dedicated team based in Romania.
As a Scala Software Engineer, you will join forces with recognized technology leaders and take on the job of developing award-winning and ultra-high-performance cloud-native communications software. By joining our dynamic team of innovators, you will get the chance to use and solidify your knowledge in modern software development and cloud deployments by utilizing cutting-edge technology within an Agile/Scrum environment.
If you are looking for a new challenge and want to take a step into the field of telecom, send us your application right away!
- Design, build, and maintain efficient, reusable, and reliable Scala code according to specifications
- Maintain and enhance Python scripts used for CI
- Enhance and ensure consistency for elaborated configuration files
- Implement performance enhancement features using Kubernetes, Cassandra, RabbitMQ, and more
- Write unit tests and complement the existing functional verification framework with new test scenarios
- Create documentation for features based on project specifications
- Collaborate with quality engineers to ensure project deliverables
- Identify and investigate bugs, and provide solutions to these problems
- Communicate with customers’ Team Leads through various communication channels
- Attend Scrum-specific ceremonies, such as daily stand-ups, planning sessions, retros
- Pass on knowledge through training, presentations, and mentoring sessions to less experienced colleagues
- Provide status and feedback to management
- At least 3 years of development experience using Java, to facilitate your transition to Scala
- Working proficiency in Scala OR
- Familiarity with Unix environment
- Ability to use Linux/WSL on a daily basis
- Good knowledge of automated application testing (unit, functional/integration, system testing)
- The ability to learn quickly, utilize new concepts, and find creative solutions to problems
- Good written and spoken communication skills, including a solid English level
- A positive, solution-focused attitude and great analytical and organizational skills
Nice to have:
- Knowledge of Git/GitLab
- Experience working in an Agile environment
What's in it for you:
Who we are as a company:
R Systems is a global technology and analytics services company. We help our clients achieve speed-to-market, overcome digital barriers, and create business value with our specialized service offerings and consultative business approach.
We speak the language of business as fluently as we do the language of technology. In other words: We speak Digital. Our goal: accelerate our clients’ digital leadership.
Some quick aspects we take pride in:
Other roles you may be interested in
Sales Manager for Mobile Operators
R Systems is looking for a skilled Sales Manager to join our growing team in Poland, focused on selling digital
1st Line Support Engineer
R Systems is looking for a talented Support Engineer to join our growing team focused on software development for the
Frontend Developer/Java Full Stack Engineer
R Systems is looking for an experienced, talented and passionate Java Full Stack & Frontend Developer of Vue.js or React