R Systems Europe is looking for a talented and passionate Senior Cloud Data Engineer to join our growing team focused on software development for the telecom industry.
Why should you consider joining our team?
Well, we constantly adapt to the modern ways of working. If your professional development is a key focus, you’ll be glad to hear that we are sharp technology adopters. One of our colleagues’ favourite job perks is not getting bored even after 10 years with us. We are a charismatic bunch, so beware! You will experience that “I really want to go to work” feeling! 😊 Want to find out more? Check us out here: https://www.computaris.com/
What we do:
R Systems Europe is a software company providing end-to-end development, system integration and technical consultancy services. From our elite technical centres in Romania, Poland and Moldova we successfully serve industry leading companies worldwide. We use a rare combination of technical expertise and client orientation to deliver service excellence from line of code to customer experience.
We have been turning bytes into business since 1992, when Computaris International was founded in the UK. Since then we have opened offices in Poland, Romania, Moldova, Switzerland, Malaysia, the Philippines, India and the US and have successfully delivered 1,000+ projects to 100+ companies worldwide.
- Create and maintain optimal data pipeline architecture
- Architecture design
- Development of data related instruments/instances
- Machine learning algorithm deployment
- Manage data and meta-data
- Provide data-access tools
- Track pipeline stability
- Assemble large, complex data sets that meet functional / non-functional business requirements.
- Identify, design, and implement internal process improvements: automating manual processes, optimizing data delivery, re-designing infrastructure for greater scalability, etc.
- Build the infrastructure required for optimal extraction, transformation, and loading of data from a wide variety of data sources using SQL and Azure or GCP ‘big data’ technologies.
- Build analytics tools that utilize the data pipeline to provide actionable insights into customer acquisition, operational efficiency and other key business performance metrics.
- Work with stakeholders to assist with data-related technical issues and support their data infrastructure needs.
- Create data tools for analytics and data scientist team members that assist them in building and optimizing our product into an innovative industry leader.
- Work with data and analytics experts to strive for greater functionality in our data systems.
- Bachelor’s/master’s degree in IT or Business
- Advanced working SQL knowledge and experience working with relational databases, query authoring (SQL) as well as working familiarity with a variety of databases.
- Experience building and optimizing ‘big data’ data pipelines, architectures and data sets.
- Experience performing root cause analysis on internal and external data and processes to answer specific business questions and identify opportunities for improvement.
- Strong analytic skills related to working with unstructured datasets.
- Build processes supporting data transformation, data structures, metadata, dependency and workload management.
- A successful history of manipulating, processing and extracting value from large disconnected datasets.
- Working knowledge of message queuing, stream processing, and highly scalable ‘big data’ data stores.
- Strong project management and organizational skills.
- Experience supporting and working with cross-functional teams in a dynamic environment.
- We are looking for a candidate with 5+ years of experience in a Data Engineer role, who has attained a Graduate degree in Computer Science, Statistics, Informatics, Information Systems or another quantitative field.
- The candidate should also have experience using the following software/tools:
- Experience with big data tools: Hadoop, Spark, Kafka, etc.
- Experience with relational SQL and NoSQL databases, including Postgres and Cassandra.
- Experience with data pipeline and workflow management tools: Azkaban, Luigi, Airflow, etc.
- Experience with Azure or GCP data cloud services
- Experience with stream-processing systems: Storm, Spark-Streaming, etc.
- Experience with object-oriented/object function scripting languages: Python, Java, C++, Scala, etc.
- Ability to work with diverse teams and customers with different skillsets
- Excellent customer facing communications ability
- Resource and time management ability
- Work collaboratively
- Lead and influence a conversation
- Ability to learn and keep current on new technologies