What we do:
R Systems is a global digital transformation leader that provides AI-driven solutions to clients across industries, through a broad range of technology & AI/analytics services. We continue to empower organizations since over 27 years, with 16 delivery centers, 25+ offices worldwide and a workforce of 2750+ professionals. In Europe, R Systems has offices in UK, Romania, Poland, Switzerland, and Moldova.
Why should you consider joining our team?
Well, we constantly adapt to the modern ways of working. If your professional development is a key focus, you will be glad to hear that we are sharp technology adopters. One of our colleagues’ favorite job perks is not getting bored even after 5 years with us. We are a charismatic bunch, so beware! You will experience that “I really want to go to work” feeling!
Want to find out more? Check us out here: www.eu.rsystems.com
As Senior Java Software Engineer
in our team you will work on maintaining and adding new features to well established telco products used by millions of mobile subscribers around the world. Our technology stack includes among others: Java 8, Docker, GitLab, Spring Boot, OpenStack, OpenAPI v3, Maven and the list may go on. You will be part of a medium-size agile team geographically distributed across several locations.
Here’s what you will do:
- Design, build, and maintain efficient, reusable, and reliable Java code according to specifications
- Document features based on project specifications
- Collaborate with quality engineers to ensure project deliverables
- Identify and investigate bugs, and offer solutions to these problems
- Communicate with customers’ Team Leads through various communication channels
- Attend Scrum specific ceremonies (daily standups, planning sessions, retros…)
- Pass on knowledge through trainings, presentations and mentoring sessions to less experienced colleagues
- Provide status and feedback to management
What you’ll need to succeed:
- Minimum 5-year experience in working with Java
- The ability to quickly learn and utilize new concepts and find creative solutions to problems
- A self-driven and proactive attitude with the ability to work both independently and in groups
- High quality standards for software development
- Good understanding of data structures and algorithms
- Fluency with code versioning tools (such as Git, SVN)
- Experience with Unix/Linux environment
- Advanced English speaking and writing skills
Nice to have:
- Telecom industry knowledge (e.g. architectures, protocols, applications, etc.)
- Scala knowledge/experience
- Experience with Agile development
- Familiarity with continuous integration systems
- Customer-facing interactions