What we do:
R Systems is a global digital transformation leader that provides AI-driven solutions to clients across industries, through a broad range of technology & AI/analytics services. We continue to empower organizations since over 27 years, with 16 delivery centers, 25+ offices worldwide and a workforce of 2750+ professionals. In Europe, R Systems has offices in UK, Romania, Poland, Switzerland, and Moldova.
Why should you consider joining our team?
Well, we constantly adapt to the modern ways of working. If your professional development is a key focus, you will be glad to hear that we are sharp technology adopters. One of our colleagues’ favorite job perks is not getting bored even after 5 years with us. We are a charismatic bunch, so beware! You will experience that “I really want to go to work” feeling! Want to find out more? Check us out here: https://www.eu.rsystems.com
Here is what you will do:
The Senior Solution Architect (SA) is responsible for a range of activities and responsibilities that touch all aspects of the external Project Lifecycle (Presales – Delivery – Support), and also acts as the design authority and key contributor to the internal development program of Bango Software and Solutions.
- Support the presales function during complex engagements, and contribute to RFx, bid defense, customer scoping workshops when required as a technical authority.
- Coordinate and lead discussions internally in E&D to carefully assess and select design/implementation choices, weighing up the opinions of other teams and individuals, but keeping one eye always on the ‘big picture’. Be a ‘business advocate’ for Bango to ensure we’re always doing the ‘right thing’.
- Support the Project/Program Management function on complex engagements, aligning all project team members as the technical authority on delivering to the agreed SOW, and supporting adaptations and evolutions of scope as per the formal Change Request process.
- Work alongside PM’s to secure ‘Customer Acceptance’. Be mindful of financial/commercial milestones to influence decision making. Suggest and present creative options for discussion and to steer engagement strategy when required.
- Act as a ‘lead’ on special projects as required by the business, coordinating the inputs/contributions of other stakeholders towards meeting a clearly defined goal. Not responsible for ‘doing’ everything, but for ensuring everything ‘gets done’. This may include ‘Code Red’ situations and issues in the business.
- Lead, mentor, coach others in the business to improve whenever there are knowledge sharing or lessons learned opportunities from any project and engagement.
- Participate in, challenge, validate key decisions in the E&D team that have a strategic or future impact on the Bango business. Be a ‘voice of conscience’ always, applying logic and reason to decision making.
- As a Senior Solution Architect, you will help define processes, procedures, ways of working and documentation standards that provide a constantly improving foundation on which the team can operate. There is always room to improve … there is always another gear.
- Should the team grow, be involved in defining organizational structure, roles and responsibilities of new colleagues and oversee the effective onboarding and development of new colleagues and the SA function.
Here is what it takes to get here:
- Strong technical background in software and solution design/architecture.
- A strong understanding of the requirements and expectations of an enterprise grade Platform, with regards to performance, resilience, 24×7 operation.
- Be a strong communicator (verbal and written), participating in and often leading discussions and planning/design sessions.
- Accountability and Reliability will be key personal values of yours … you do what you say you’ll do, when you say you’ll do it. When things change, you effectively manage the expectations of others, and negotiate to redefine commitments.
- Ability to ‘read between the lines’ on customer questions (written or verbal) to ascertain what they really want … then articulate that to others in Bango to ensure alignment and consistency of purpose.
- Proactive mindset … able to act with autonomy, and lead by ‘doing what is right’.
- An innovator and designer of ‘process’ … understanding that process is the servant of effectiveness (not the master).
Nice to have:
- Advanced understanding of Cloud architecture principles and platform (AWS).
- Experience working in an agile environment.
- Customer facing experience, particularly participating in/leading technical workshops and bid defense situations.
- Willing to travel worldwide as sometimes needed to meet customers.