About the client
We create technology that helps the world act together. As a trusted partner for critical networks, we are committed to innovation and technology leadership across mobile, fixed and cloud networks. We create value with intellectual property and long-term research. Adhering to the highest standards of integrity and security, we help build the capabilities needed for a more productive, sustainable and inclusive world. If you are interested in joining our team on our ride into the future, then get in touch!
- Take ownership of customer issues reported and seeing problems through until final resolution
- Researching, diagnosing, troubleshooting, and identifying solutions to resolve system issues
- Participate in problem diagnosis by performing remote troubleshooting on client s live network environment (commands, capturing information in a log file, level 2 diagnosis on telecom software)
- Keep track of customer issues until they are resolved by adhering to the agreed SLAs
- Following standard procedures for proper escalation of unresolved issues to the appropriate internal teams
- Create and execute MOP (Method of Procedure) documents into customer environments (test and production environments) when required
- On-call support and availability to work outside business hours when required
- Work with the Support Manager and wider support team to ensure any recurring technical issues are addressed and any training or documentation requirements are identified and implemented
- Ensure the SLA end to end for all the support tickets
- Continuously improve knowledge and understanding across the various software and hardware technologies supported by the team
- Maintain a strong customer focus at all times
- Offer support during the various system testing phases when the customer requires it
- Test telecom software as described in system documentation
- Escalate incidents to Tier 3 Support by providing all necessary information: initial diagnosis, problem recurrence, log files, etc.
- Strong level of English
- Experience as a Technical Support Engineer is mandatory
- Requires very good Linux skills. Able to install Linux OS, configure Linux OS, navigate Linux OS
- Good knowledge of network stack (UDP, TCP IP routing)
- Good knowledge of BASH scripting
- Good knowledge of relational DBs (PosgresSQL, Oracle)
- Basic knowledge of non-relational DBs (Cassandra, LDAP)
- Ability to work well under pressure
- Experience with ticketing systems (JIRA, Salesforce, other).
Nice to have
- Experience with Nokia Products would be a plus
- Knowledge of Telecom 2G/3G/4G Core Network is a plus
What's in it for you:
Who we are as a company:
R Systems is a global technology and analytics services company. We help our clients achieve speed-to-market, overcome digital barriers, and create business value with our specialized service offerings and consultative business approach.
We speak the language of business as fluently as we do the language of technology. In other words: We speak Digital. Our goal: accelerate our clients’ digital leadership.