What we do:
R Systems a global digital transformation leader that provides AI-driven solutions to clients across industries, through a broad range of technology & AI/analytics services. We continue to empower organizations since over 27 years, with 16 delivery centers, 25+ offices worldwide and a workforce of 2750+ professionals. In Europe, R Systems has offices in UK, Romania, Poland, Switzerland, and Moldova.
Why should you consider joining our team?
Well, we constantly adapt to the modern ways of working. If your professional development is a key focus, you will be glad to hear that we are sharp technology adopters. One of our colleagues’ favorite job perks is not getting bored even after 5 years with us. We are a charismatic bunch, so beware! You will experience that “I really want to go to work” feeling!
Want to find out more? Check us out here: www.eu.rsystems.com
As a Lead Engineer in R Systems you will be a part of a team responsible for maintaining and development of complex platforms for telecommunication operators. You will have a chance to work with many different technologies in a team that is adapting the newest trends in software development. You will have a unique opportunity to learn in depth the telco industry.
Here’s what you will do:
- Lead Developer is the chief technical SMEs responsible for requirements gathering, end to end architecture design spanning across client and partner components, software installation, solution customization & technically leading testing and deployment phases.
- The role is intended to provide coordination and continuity to the customer and is the key technical “lead” for the internal client team. Using their close relationship with the customer, the Lead Developer is also responsible for harvesting enhancements and adjunct modules to existing deployments.
- You will drive the product roadmap and ensure the optimum features are made available in order to reduce the cost of deployment and improve the quality of our solutions.
- Be responsible for the overall quality of solution deliverables, technical team-leading and customer satisfaction.
- Solve complex problems and is eager to take on new problems and share solutions as we push forward with our innovative offerings.
- Guide and empower Solution Delivery teams and ensure effective project teams are created.
Here’s what it takes to get here:
- 8+ year’s commercial experience within a telco environment.
- Experience of technically managing a complex systems integration and deployment project. Experience with high performance real time and multi-threaded applications on UNIX/Linux (Redhat, CentOS preferable).
- Practical exposure to the following technologies and tools: Java, REST, Virtualization, Kubernetes (containerization), Docker, Jenkins.
- Working knowledge of the following protocols TCP/IP, HTTP, SOAP, exposure to Diameter would be a plus. Proven experience with In-memory databases (VoltDB preferred), Hadoop and SQL. 4+ years structured programming experience: course work + commercial, with advanced scripting experience in for example Shell (bash/sh), Python…
- Proven experiences with development and delivery methodologies such as DevOps, Agile and Kanban.
- Indepth understanding of telecom networks and technologies
- Are experienced in a variety of technologies, possibly focusing on a particular expertise.
- Have working knowledge of Telecommunication applications.
- Working Experience of Elastic stack including logstash, metricbeat/filebeat.