R Systems is looking for a talented and passionate Solution Architect to join our growing team focused on software development for the telecom industry. In the role of Solution Architect you will act as a technical leader analyzing customer requirements to produce architectures, concepts and technical designs for software systems.
Why should you consider joining our team?
Well, we constantly adapt to the modern ways of working. If your professional development is a key focus, you’ll be glad to hear that we are sharp technology adopters. One of our colleagues’ favourite job perks is not getting bored even after 10 years with us. We are a charismatic bunch, so beware! You will experience that “I really want to go to work” feeling!
Here’s where we need your help:
- Ensure that R Systems’ system architectures end solutions are documented in a clear, comprehensive and concise way considering customer’s requirements and legacy systems.
- Maintain comprehensive knowledge of R Systems’ technologies and systems and their alternatives.
- Deliver system architectures and technical solutions that correspond to customer’s technical, performance and budgetary expectations and timescales.
- Deliver system architectures and technical solutions that lend themselves to efficient realisation.
Here’s what you’ll have to do:
- Act as presales technical lead for new customers or new opportunities with existing clients;
- Asses 3rd party software products (also in telecom area);
- Stay up to date with software industry and technology progress and trends; try out, assess (PoC) and be ready to apply new technologies when appropriate;
- Actively cooperate with R Systems and customers’ product management departments in setting up product roadmaps;
- Analyze customer requirements and existing system architecture;
- Prepare concept specifications, architecture specifications and discuss those with the customer to find the best solution;
- Review and prepare implementation effort estimates together with Project Managers;
- Act as a Technical Lead inside the project team, constantly collaborate with Project Manager for successful project delivery;
- Attend project meetings (by phone and in person) internally, offsite and onsite with customers;
- Review technical project and non-project documentation;
- Ensure that defects and non-conformities are reported and resolved;
- Find solutions for difficult technical problems, raise risks;
- Have a wide and deep knowledge of R Systems’ systems and their alternatives at a technical level;
- Ensure that the company’s management procedures are followed;
- Assist in the continuous improvement of the management procedures;
- Help to disseminate technical expertise within R Systems.
What you’ll need to succeed:
- Experience with designing complex software applications;
- Programming experience in C or Java, CI/CD, UNIX-like operating systems (Linux, Solaris), real-time systems,;
- High redundancy/high performance experience
- Database design: Oracle, (MySQL)
- Minimum 5 years of experience with software applications development
- A diploma for graduation of Informatics, Computer Science or Electronics University
- Availability to travel abroad, flexibility in dealing with people from various cultures
- Fluency in English, both written and spoken
- Excellent communication skills (written, spoken, presentations)
- Nice to have: Experience with Agile Methodology, telephony in general and GSM core networks in particular; telephony protocols: SS7
What’s in it for you:
- Supportive working climate, a very talented team and the chance to be rewarded for outstanding performance
- International working environment
- Technical trainings and certifications
- Benefits package including medical care for entire family, sport subscription, flexible working environment
- Excellent social benefits: office celebrations, team buildings, team events, social room, breakfast in the office, fruits in the office and great coffee😊