R Systems is looking for a talented Presales Engineer who has the experience and skills to analyse customers’ requirements to produce architectures, concepts, and technical designs for software systems.
We’re a growing company with a team of highly dedicated IT professionals who give their all to help our enterprise flourish. The candidate for this position will be actively involved in presales technical lead activities for new customers or new opportunities with existing customers.
- Deliver system/solution architectures that correspond to customer’s technical, performance and budgetary expectations and timescales;
- Deliver system/solution architectures that lend themselves to efficient realization;
- Ensure that R Systems system architectures and solutions are documented in a clear, comprehensive, concise, and non-contradictory way taking into account customer’s requirements and legacy systems;
- Maintain comprehensive knowledge of R Systems technologies, systems, solutions and their alternatives.
- Work closely with our sales team in pitching for business, including qualifying, creating, and executing business proposals for software solutions;
- Respond to RFI/RFQ/RFP;
- Analyse customer requirements and existing system architecture;
- Prepare concept specifications, architecture specifications and discuss those with the customer to find the best solution;
- Review and prepare implementation effort estimates;
- Review technical project and non-project documentation;
- Have a wide and deep knowledge of R Systems’ systems (with an emphasis on telecom and digital transformation) and their alternatives at a technical level;
- Find solutions for difficult technical problems;
- Attend project meetings (telephone and in-person) internally, offsite, and onsite with customers.
- Ensure that the company’s procedures are followed;
- Assist in the continuous improvement of the company’s procedures;
- Help to disseminate technical expertise within R Systems;
- Presales technical lead for new customers or new opportunities with existing customers, where requirements are not clearly defined, and a solution must be provided in a short time and can have big complexity and involve several third-party software;
- Able to evaluate third-party products;
- Follows telecom industry progress and trends;
- Follows industry technological progress and is ready to apply new technologies when appropriate;
- Quickly try out new technology and correctly judge its usefulness.
- Good experience in designing complex software applications;
- Good expertise in programming languages (preferably Java, Angular or React);
- Knowledge of Linux;
- Experience with real-time systems;
- Minimum five years of experience with software applications development;
- Bachelor’s diploma in Informatics, Computer Science or Electronics;
- Availability to travel abroad frequently, occasionally at short notice or for longer periods.
- Flexible to deal with people from various cultures;
- Ability to communicate technical information to non-technical staff in a way that is easy to understand;
- Extensive software systems experience, familiar with software delivery and implementation methodologies;
- Fluency in English is mandatory. Candidates with additional language skills are encouraged to highlight their linguistic abilities;
- Excellent communication skills (written, spoken, and presentations).
Nice to have:
- Good expertise in database design (Oracle and MySQL);
- Telephony expertise in general and knowledge of GSM core networks in particular;
- Knowledge of telephony protocols: SS7;
- Familiarity with RPA (UiPath) and Digital Transformation Services.
What's in it for you:
Who we are as a company:
R Systems is a global technology and analytics services company. We help our clients achieve speed-to-market, overcome digital barriers, and create business value with our specialized service offerings and consultative business approach.
We speak the language of business as fluently as we do the language of technology. In other words: We speak Digital. Our goal: accelerate our clients’ digital leadership.