Client and business need
MVNE in Western Europe looking to replace existing home location register (HLR) and authentication center (AuC) that were reaching end of support. The HLR component ought to be developed on top of Jain SLEE-based OpenCloud Rhino service delivery platform – the MVNE’s existing IN platform (previously deployed by R Systems).
R Systems contribution
- Development of custom HLR solution bundling 3 products: HLR solution, USSD gateway and steering of roaming service
- Standard and custom HLR functionalities: multi-MSISDN and multi-IMSI allowing users to register multiple telephone numbers in the network, AuC capabilities – authenticating each SIM card that attempts to connect to the GSM network, and SIM management
The solution was integrated with the common subscriber profile repository (SPR), also deployed by R Systems engineers during the IN platform implementation.
- Sensitive network node developed on top of open Jain SLEE platform – OpenCloud Rhino
- Bundled solution incorporating 3 products, custom add-ons and allowing easy development of new future services by the service provider
- Cost-effective custom solution for MVNEs supporting multiple MVNOs